Get A Quote
Simple and Fast. Smart to Have.
What Is Private Dental Insurance?
Dental insurance is not included in traditional major medical plans.
There’s many plans out there to choose from. You’ll want a dental plan that covers preventative care at the minimum to get your timely cleanings and exams.
Out Of Pocket Costs With Dental Insurance
Most dental insurance plans, like those from Smart and Simple Insurance, are very affordable and offer a wide range of in-network dentists. Depending on the level of dental coverage you want will affect your co-pays and other benefits.
Smart and Simple Dental Plans
With benefits for over 300 services and procedures…
- Preventive Dental Benefits: Routine exams, bitewings, cleanings, fluoride treatments, sealants, and more.
- Basic Dental Benefits: Full mouth X-rays, amalgam restoration (silver fillings), simple extractions and more.
- Major Dental Benefits (on Silver, Gold, Platinum Plans): Onlays, maxillary partial denture – resin base, denture repair, surgical removal of teeth, deep sedation/general anesthesia, endodontics – root canal, periodontal scaling and root planning, crown and crown repairs, pontics – porcelain fused to noble metal, and more.
- Orthodontia Benefits (on Silver, Gold, Platinum Plans): A benefit available to dependent children of the plan.
Plans Start At $21 / Month
- Major Medical - Compare hundreds of Individual & Family plans
- Short Term Health - As low as $85/month with $10k deductible
- Dental Plans - Starting at $21/month
- Vision Insurance - Starting at $5/month
- Supplemental Insurance - As low as at $45/month
- TeleHealth - Only $19.95/month, saving you hundreds in the long run
* Availability may be different in some States
PPO Dentists AND Freedom Of Choice
You’re free to visit any licensed dentist. Also, these plans offer members more than 471,000 Ameritas PPO (Participating Provider Organization) access points for dental care nationwide. Ameritas PPO network providers have agreed to charge discounted fees to our members, so you can almost always save money.
In Texas, the PPO network is referred to as the Ameritas Dental Network.
Available in ALL STATES except: MA, MD, NY and WA
Core Dental Insurance is marketed by Smart and Simple Insurance (SASid, Inc.), administered by InsuranceTPA.com and insured by Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. Plan designs may not be available in all areas. Ameritas Group’s individual plans [Indiv. 9000 Ed. 11-09] are issued by Ameritas Life. Ameritas and the bison symbol are registered service marks of Ameritas Life or Ameritas Mutual Holding Company and are used with permission.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Is Dental Health Care So Important?
The facts of American’s dental health tell the story. Tooth decay affects more than 25% of U.S. children aged 2 to 5 and half of adolescents. Adults aged 35 to 44 have a 1 in 7 chance at having gum disease, rate increases to 1 in 4 after the age of 65.(1) Over time, tooth decay leads to drillings with fillings and sometimes dental implants or tooth extractions. Getting in front of these issues early with preventative dental care will improve your overall oral health.
What Is Periodontal Disease?
Periodontal disease is the result of bacterial infections and inflammation around the gums and bone. Early stages of the disease shows as gingivitis, which is swollen gums and inflammation around the teeth. Inflammation is a natural response when harmful bacteria is present.
As the condition progresses into chronic periodontitis, the gums may pull away from your teeth and decay. This leads to bone loss and teeth that become loose or fall out.
The CDC has reported that 47.2% of adults over the age of 30 have some sort of periodontitis. (2) This statistic moves up to over 70% in seniors 65 years and older. If you are experiencing redness or bleeding in your gums, you’ll want to choose a plan that offers Periodontal dental services.
Your Dentist May Find Oral and Pharyngeal (Mouth and Throat Cancer)
When you have dental benefits and go to your check ups, your dentist will see beyond your teeth. Dentists are on the frontline of finding other mouth and throat anomalies. More than 7,800 people die each year from oral and pharyngeal cancer in the United States.(3)
Who We Are
Over four million people have obtained health insurance through our enrollment portals. With variety of products for customers to build an insurance plan specific to their needs, makes our offerings “smart” to have.