Find Affordable Health Insurance In Massachusetts
Where you can find health insurance coverage in Massachusetts.
- ACA Health Insurance - Compare hundreds of Individual & Family plans
- Short Term Health - As low as $85/month with $10k deductible
- Accident Only Coverage - As low as at $45/month
- Dental Plans - Starting at $21/month
- Vision Insurance - Starting at $5/month
- Telehealth - Only $19.95/month, saving you hundreds in the long run
Affordable Care Act Plans Massachusetts
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) health insurance, sometimes known as Obamacare, extends medical coverage beyond doctor visits and surgical procedures. Most of the plans pay all or a portion of the price of your prescribed drugs, as well as other healthcare-related services such as rehab, nursing home care, physical therapy, and mental health care.
When Is Federal Open Enrollment?
You can enroll in an ACA health plan during the Federal Open Enrollment period. Every year, from November 1 to January 15, this takes place.
When Is Massachusetts’s Open Enrollment Period?
Massachusetts observes the annual federal open enrollment period, which lasts from November 1 to January 15.
Special Enrollment Periods
Outside of the federal Open Enrollment period, you can register for an ACA health plan within 60 days after a qualifying life event.
Types Of Qualifying Life Events:
- Loss of health coverage. Losing existing health coverage, including job-based, individual, and student plans.
- Changes in marital status (getting married/divorced)
- Having a baby or adopting
- Changes in residence. Moving to a different ZIP code or county
Temporary Medical Insurance In Massachusetts
A temporary health insurance plan can offer you basic medical coverage during a gap in insurance coverage.
Who Needs Temporary Health Insurance?
- Individuals who missed the deadlines for the ACA exchanges and need to wait until the next enrollment period
- Individuals who have a waiting period before enrollment in another program
- People who are temporarily in between jobs or have been laid off
- Self-employed individuals
- People looking for a plan less expensive COBRA health insurance
- Those needing temporary coverage:
- College students or recent graduates
- Young adults coming off their parent’s health benefit plan
- Retirees waiting for Medicare eligibility
- Coverage for dependents not covered under an employer plan
What Is COBRA Insurance?
According to the Federal COBRA Act, if a qualifying event causes an employee’s employer-provided health insurance to expire, the individual and any qualifying dependents may continue to be covered.
COBRA coverage is offered for up to 18 months for employees and 36 months for families.
Within 45 days of losing the coverage, the employer who provides the work health insurance shall provide enrollment details for a COBRA plan.
Low-Income Health Insurance In Massachusetts
Massachusetts’ Medicaid program is known as MassHealth. The federal government and the state work together to support Medicaid, a healthcare program for low-income people of all ages. This program covers children, pregnant women, families, seniors, and persons with impairments. However, the focus will solely be on Massachusetts residents who are Medicaid-eligible and over 65. (aged 65 and over).
Long-term care is handled specifically. MA Along with care services in nursing homes assisted living facilities, and adult foster care homes, Medicaid also pays for non-medical treatments and supports to help frail elders stay in their homes. To Apply for Massachusetts Medicaid START HERE.
Reporting Health Insurance Fraud In Massachusetts
Healthcare providers that commit fraud against the MassHealth Medicaid program in Massachusetts are looked into and prosecuted by the Medicaid Fraud Division. The Medicaid Fraud Division is also in charge of investigating reports of financial abuse, patient exploitation, and neglect in long-term care facilities. Visit mass.gov/how-to/file-a-Medicaid-fraud-complaint to report Medicaid fraud.
Who We Are
Over four million people have obtained health insurance through our enrollment portals. With variety of products for customers to build an insurance plan specific to their needs, makes our offerings “smart” to have.