Find Affordable Health Insurance In Maryland
Where you can find health insurance coverage in Maryland.
- ACA Health Insurance - Compare hundreds of Individual & Family plans
- Short Term Health - As low as $85/month with $10k deductible
- Accident Only Coverage - As low as at $45/month
- Dental Plans - Starting at $21/month
- Vision Insurance - Starting at $5/month
- Telehealth - Only $19.95/month, saving you hundreds in the long run
Affordable Care Act Plans Maryland
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) health insurance, sometimes known as Obamacare, goes beyond doctor visits and surgical procedures. Most plans cover all or a portion of the cost of your prescription medicines, as well as additional healthcare-related services such as rehabilitation, nursing home care, physical therapy, and mental health care.
When Is Federal Open Enrollment?
You can enroll in an ACA health plan during the Federal Open Enrollment period. Every year, from November 1 to January 15, this takes place.
When Is Maryland’s Open Enrollment Period?
Maryland observes the annual federal open enrollment period, which lasts from November 1 to January 15.
Special Enrollment Periods
Outside of the federal Open Enrollment period, you can register for an ACA health plan within 60 days after a qualifying life event.
Types Of Qualifying Life Events:
- Loss of health coverage. Losing existing health coverage, including job-based, individual, and student plans.
- Changes in marital status (getting married/divorced)
- Having a baby or adopting
- Changes in residence. Moving to a different ZIP code or county
What Is COBRA Insurance?
The Federal COBRA Act permits employees and their qualified dependents to keep their workplace health insurance coverage after it expires due to a qualifying event.
COBRA coverage is offered for workers for up to 18 months and families for up to 36 months.
To enroll in a COBRA plan, the employer who offered the work health insurance shall deliver enrollment information within 45 days of losing the benefits.
Low-Income Health Insurance In Maryland
You and your relatives may be qualified for Medicaid via Maryland Health Connection, which will offer you free or low-cost health care. Registration in Medicaid and the Maryland Children’s Health Program is available all year. Go to marylandhealthconnection.gov/how-to-enroll/medicaid/ to verify your eligibility.
Reporting Health Insurance Fraud In Maryland
The Unit is in charge of prosecuting Medicaid fraud in two locations. To begin, they prosecute Medicaid providers who steal from the program. Second, they prosecute fraud in program administration. To report medical fraud, go to marylandattorneygeneral.gov.
Who We Are
Over four million people have obtained health insurance through our enrollment portals. With variety of products for customers to build an insurance plan specific to their needs, makes our offerings “smart” to have.