Find Affordable Health Insurance In Louisiana
Where you can find health insurance coverage in Louisiana.
Health Plans By Type In Louisiana
Health Insurance Costs In Louisiana
- ACA Health Insurance - Compare hundreds of Individual & Family plans
- Short Term Health - As low as $85/month with $10k deductible
- Accident Only Coverage - As low as at $45/month
- Dental Plans - Starting at $21/month
- Vision Insurance - Starting at $5/month
- Telehealth - Only $19.95/month, saving you hundreds in the long run
Louisiana Major Medical Health Insurance
Medical coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), also referred to as Obamacare, goes beyond simple doctor visits and surgical procedures. As well as other healthcare-related services including rehabilitation, nursing home care, physical therapy, and mental health care, the majority of the plans cover all or a portion of the cost of your prescribed medications.
When Is Federal Open Enrollment?
The Federal Open Enrollment period is the time when you can sign up for an ACA health plan. This occurs every year between November 1 and January 15.
When Is the Open Enrollment Period in Louisiana?
Louisiana follows the yearly federal open enrollment period, which runs from November 1 through January 15.
Special Enrollment Periods
Outside of the federal Open Enrollment period, you can register for an ACA health plan within 60 days after a qualifying life event.
Types Of Qualifying Life Events:
- Loss of health coverage. Losing existing health coverage, including job-based, individual, and student plans.
- Changes in marital status (getting married/divorced)
- Having a baby or adopting
- Changes in residence. Moving to a different ZIP code or county
Temporary Medical Insurance In Louisiana
A temporary health insurance plan can offer you basic medical coverage during a gap in insurance coverage.
Who Needs Temporary Health Insurance?
- Individuals who missed the deadlines for the ACA exchanges and need to wait until the next enrollment period
- Individuals who have a waiting period before enrollment in another program
- People who are temporarily in between jobs or have been laid off
- Self-employed individuals
- People looking for a plan less expensive COBRA health insurance
- Those needing temporary coverage:
- College students or recent graduates
- Young adults coming off their parent’s health benefit plan
- Retirees waiting for Medicare eligibility
- Coverage for dependents not covered under an employer plan
What Is COBRA Insurance?
If a qualifying event causes a workplace health insurance policy to expire, the Federal COBRA Act enables employees and their qualifying dependents to extend the coverage.
COBRA coverage is offered for workers for up to 18 months and families for up to 36 months.
Within 45 days of losing the coverage, the employer who provides the work health insurance shall give enrollment details for a COBRA plan.
Low-Income Health Insurance In Louisiana
Medicaid gives low-income people and families access to medical care. The specific requirements for Medicaid are set by each state, even if the federal government provides the overall standards. Medicaid provides health insurance to over a million Louisianans, the majority of whom are under the age of 19. The Louisiana Department of Health oversees the operation of the Medicaid Program in Louisiana. To verify your eligibility, visit ldh.la.gov/page/220.
Reporting Health Insurance Fraud In Lousiana
Medicaid fraud is a crime that swindles public dollars and denies care to vulnerable residents. Report suspected Medicaid fraud if it involves a patient, a physician, a clinic, a hospital, a home health service, or any other type of medical provider. Please check the Adverse Actions Database to report any Medicaid fraud.
One Stop Shop For Health & Wellness Benefits
Health Insurance, Short-Term, Accident, Vision, Dental, Life, ID Theft Protection
Who We Are
Over four million people have obtained health insurance through our enrollment portals. With variety of products for customers to build an insurance plan specific to their needs, makes our offerings “smart” to have.