Find Affordable Health Insurance In Kentucky
Where you can find health insurance coverage in Kentucky.
Health Plans By Type In Kentucky
Health Insurance Costs In Kentucky
- ACA Health Insurance - Compare hundreds of Individual & Family plans
- Short Term Health - As low as $85/month with $10k deductible
- Accident Only Coverage - As low as at $45/month
- Dental Plans - Starting at $21/month
- Vision Insurance - Starting at $5/month
- Telehealth - Only $19.95/month, saving you hundreds in the long run
Kentucky ACA Major Medical Plans
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) health insurance, also known as Obamacare, goes beyond doctor visits and surgical procedures. Most plans cover all or a portion of the cost of your prescription drugs, as well as additional healthcare-related services such as rehabilitation, nursing home care, physical therapy, and mental health care.
When Is Federal Open Enrollment?
During the Federal Open Enrollment period, you can enroll in an ACA health plan. This happens every year from November 1 to January 15.
When Is Kentucky’s Open Enrollment Period?
Kentucky observes the annual federal open enrollment period, which lasts from November 1 to January 15.
Special Enrollment Periods
You may sign up for an ACA health plan outside of the federal Open Enrollment within 60 days after a qualifying life event.
Types Of Qualifying Life Events:
- Loss of health coverage. Losing existing health coverage, including job-based, individual, and student plans.
- Changes in marital status (getting married/divorced)
- Having a baby or adopting
- Changes in residence. Moving to a different ZIP code or county
Temporary Medical Insurance In Kentucky
A temporary health insurance plan can offer you basic medical coverage during a gap in insurance coverage.
Who Needs Temporary Health Insurance?
- Individuals who missed the deadlines for the ACA exchanges and need to wait until the next enrollment period
- Individuals who have a waiting period before enrollment in another program
- People who are temporarily in between jobs or have been laid off
- Self-employed individuals
- People looking for a plan less expensive COBRA health insurance
- Those needing temporary coverage:
- College students or recent graduates
- Young adults coming off their parent’s health benefit plan
- Retirees waiting for Medicare eligibility
- Coverage for dependents not covered under an employer plan
What Is COBRA Insurance?
The Federal COBRA Act permits employees and their qualified dependents to keep their workplace health insurance coverage after it expires due to a qualifying event.
COBRA coverage is offered for workers for up to 18 months and families for up to 36 months.
To enroll in a COBRA plan, the employer who provided the work health insurance shall provide enrollment information within 45 days of losing the coverage.
Low-Income Health Insurance In Kentucky
Free or low-cost healthcare is available through UnitedHealthcare Community Plan. You and every other Kentuckian should have access to affordable health care. There are numerous programs available to help Kentuckians achieve and maintain excellent health.
The Kentucky Medicaid program covers everyone, including adults, people with disabilities, pregnant moms, and children. They offer a Dual Special Needs Plan for eligible people for both Kentucky Medicaid and Medicare. Go to uhccommunityplan.com to check if you are eligible.
Reporting Health Insurance Fraud In Kentucky
According to the Office of the Attorney General, each patient in a Medicaid facility, nursing home, or personal care home ought to be treated with respect and dignity and should not be subjected to neglect, abuse, or exploitation.
Residents of Kentucky should report any suspicion of adult abuse, neglect, or exploitation to the Attorney General’s Office by visiting ag.ky.gov/MedicaidFraud. They should also report any suspicious attempts to perpetrate fraud against the Kentucky Medicaid Program.
One Stop Shop For Health & Wellness Benefits
Health Insurance, Short-Term, Accident, Vision, Dental, Life, ID Theft Protection
Who We Are
Over four million people have obtained health insurance through our enrollment portals. With variety of products for customers to build an insurance plan specific to their needs, makes our offerings “smart” to have.