Find Affordable Health Insurance In Iowa
Where you can find health insurance coverage in Iowa.
- ACA Health Insurance - Compare hundreds of Individual & Family plans
- Short Term Health - As low as $85/month with $10k deductible
- Accident Only Coverage - As low as at $45/month
- Dental Plans - Starting at $21/month
- Vision Insurance - Starting at $5/month
- Telehealth - Only $19.95/month, saving you hundreds in the long run
Iowa Major Medical Plans
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) health insurance popularly known as Obamacare, offers medical coverage beyond doctor visits and surgical procedures. The majority of plans cover all or part of the cost of your prescribed drugs as well as other healthcare-related services including rehab, physical therapy, mental health care, and nursing home care.
When Is Federal Open Enrollment?
You may enroll in an ACA health plan during the Federal Open Enrollment period. This occurs every year from November 1 to January 15.
When Is Iowa’s Open Enrollment Period?
Iowa follows the federal open enrollment schedule, which runs from November 1 through January 15.
Special Enrollment Periods
You may sign up for an ACA health plan outside of the federal Open Enrollment within 60 days after a qualifying life event.
Types Of Qualifying Life Events:
- Loss of health coverage. Losing existing health coverage, including job-based, individual, and student plans.
- Changes in marital status (getting married/divorced)
- Having a baby or adopting
- Changes in residence. Moving to a different ZIP code or county
Temporary Medical Insurance In Iowa
A short-term health insurance plan can provide you with basic medical coverage during a gap in insurance coverage.
Who Needs Temporary Health Insurance?
- Individuals who missed the deadlines for the ACA exchanges and need to wait until the next enrollment period
- Individuals who have a waiting period before enrollment in another program
- People who are temporarily in between jobs or have been laid off
- Self-employed individuals
- People looking for a plan less expensive COBRA health insurance
- Those needing temporary coverage:
- College students or recent graduates
- Young adults coming off their parent’s health benefit plan
- Retirees waiting for Medicare eligibility
- Coverage for dependents not covered under an employer plan
What Is COBRA Insurance?
The Federal COBRA Act gives employees and their eligible dependents the option to continue their workplace health insurance coverage if it would otherwise end as a result of a qualifying event.
Employees may use COBRA for up to 18 months, and families may use it for up to 36 months.
Within 45 days of losing such benefits, the employer who provided the work health insurance shall submit enrollment details for a COBRA plan.
Low-Income Health Insurance In Iowa
Based on income, Medicaid provides health insurance. In Iowa you must fulfill certain eligibility conditions in addition to having a specified income level to be eligible for Medicaid coverage. For further information on whether you qualify, go to: https://dhsservices.iowa.gov/apspssp/ssp.portal
Reporting Health Insurance Fraud In Iowa
Medicaid providers that intentionally make false or deceptive statements or representations to seek payment from the medical assistance program are guilty of Medicaid fraud. The provision of medically unnecessary services as well as billing for services that were not rendered, or charging Medicaid more than the reasonable value of the services, would fall under this category. You can report provider fraud.
Who We Are
Over four million people have obtained health insurance through our enrollment portals. With variety of products for customers to build an insurance plan specific to their needs, makes our offerings “smart” to have.