Find Affordable Health Insurance In Indiana
Where you can find health insurance coverage in Indiana.
- ACA Health Insurance - Compare hundreds of Individual & Family plans
- Short Term Health - As low as $85/month with $10k deductible
- Accident Only Coverage - As low as at $45/month
- Dental Plans - Starting at $21/month
- Vision Insurance - Starting at $5/month
- Telehealth - Only $19.95/month, saving you hundreds in the long run
Indiana Major Medical Plans
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) health insurance popularly known as Obamacare, offers medical coverage beyond doctor visits and surgical procedures. The majority of plans cover all or part of the cost of your prescribed drugs as well as other healthcare-related services including rehab, physical therapy, mental health care, and nursing home care.
When Is Federal Open Enrollment?
You have the option to enroll in an ACA health plan during the Federal Open Enrollment period. Each year, this normally takes place between November 1 and January 15.
When Is the Open Enrollment Period in Indiana?
The annual federal open enrollment period, which runs from November 1 through January 15, is observed in Indiana.
Special Enrollment Periods
You may sign up for an ACA health plan outside of the federal Open Enrollment within 60 days after a qualifying life event.
Types Of Qualifying Life Events:
- Loss of health coverage. Losing existing health coverage, including job-based, individual, and student plans.
- Changes in marital status (getting married/divorced)
- Having a baby or adopting
- Changes in residence. Moving to a different ZIP code or county
Temporary Medical Insurance In Indiana
During a gap in insurance coverage, a short-term health insurance plan can provide you with basic medical coverage.
Who Needs Temporary Health Insurance?
- Individuals who missed the deadlines for the ACA exchanges and need to wait until the next enrollment period
- Individuals who have a waiting period before enrollment in another program
- People who are temporarily in between jobs or have been laid off
- Self-employed individuals
- People looking for a plan less expensive COBRA health insurance
- Those needing temporary coverage:
- College students or recent graduates
- Young adults coming off their parent’s health benefit plan
- Retirees waiting for Medicare eligibility
- Coverage for dependents not covered under an employer plan
What Is COBRA Insurance?
The Federal COBRA Act gives employees and their eligible dependents the option to continue their workplace health insurance coverage if it would otherwise end as a result of a qualifying event.
Employees may use COBRA for up to 18 months, and families may use it for up to 36 months.
Within 45 days of losing such benefits, the employer who provided the work health insurance shall submit enrollment details for a COBRA plan.
Low-Income Health Insurance In Indiana
The Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP) is a health insurance program that provides hospital care, mental and behavioral health services, drug abuse treatment, maternity care, doctor visits, and prescriptions to low-income Hoosiers ages 19 to 64.
Indiana’s program for maternity care and child care is called Hoosier Healthwise (HHW). Under HHW, various program bundles are offered, each of which is designed for a particular group of people. Find out if you are eligible by visiting:
Reporting Health Insurance Fraud In Indiana
The Indiana Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (MFCU) of the Attorney General’s Office investigates fraud involving providers who knowingly mislead the state’s Medicaid program through false billing methods.
The MFCU also looks into claims of patient abuse, neglect, and exploitation at establishments that accept Medicaid payments, including nursing homes, facilities for the physically and mentally handicapped and assisted living facilities.
Visit in.gov/attorneygeneral/about-the-office/medicaid-fraud-and-patient-abuse/ to report Medicaid fraud.
Who We Are
Over four million people have obtained health insurance through our enrollment portals. With variety of products for customers to build an insurance plan specific to their needs, makes our offerings “smart” to have.