Find Affordable Health Insurance In Illiniois
Where you can find health insurance coverage in Illinois.
Health Plans By Type In Illinois
Health Insurance Costs In Illinois
- ACA Health Insurance - Compare hundreds of Individual & Family plans
- Short Term Health - As low as $85/month with $10k deductible
- Accident Only Coverage - As low as at $45/month
- Dental Plans - Starting at $21/month
- Vision Insurance - Starting at $5/month
- Telehealth - Only $19.95/month, saving you hundreds in the long run
Major Medical Plans Available In Illinois
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) health insurance, also known as Obamacare, extends outside doctor visits and surgical procedures. The majority of plans cover all or a portion of the cost of your prescription drugs, as well as other healthcare-related services such as mental health care, rehabilitation, physical therapy, and nursing home care.
When Is Federal Open Enrollment?
You can enroll in an ACA health plan during the Federal Open Enrollment period. Annually, from November 1 to January 15, this takes place.
When Is the Open Enrollment Period in Illinois?
Illinois observes the annual federal open enrollment period, which lasts from November 1 to January 15.
Special Enrollment Periods
You may sign up for an ACA health plan outside of the federal Open Enrollment within 60 days after a qualifying life event.
Types Of Qualifying Life Events:
- Loss of health coverage. Losing existing health coverage, including job-based, individual, and student plans.
- Changes in marital status (getting married/divorced)
- Having a baby or adopting
- Changes in residence. Moving to a different ZIP code or county
Temporary Medical Insurance In Illinois
A short-term health insurance plan can provide you with basic medical coverage during a gap in insurance coverage.
Who Needs Temporary Health Insurance?
- Individuals who missed the deadlines for the ACA exchanges and need to wait until the next enrollment period
- Individuals who have a waiting period before enrollment in another program
- People who are temporarily in between jobs or have been laid off
- Self-employed individuals
- People looking for a plan less expensive COBRA health insurance
- Those needing temporary coverage:
- College students or recent graduates
- Young adults coming off their parent’s health benefit plan
- Retirees waiting for Medicare eligibility
- Coverage for dependents not covered under an employer plan
What Is COBRA Insurance?
The Federal COBRA Act allows employees and their eligible dependents to extend the coverage of their workplace health insurance if the policy would otherwise terminate due to a qualifying event.
COBRA coverage is available for up to 18 months for employees and 36 months for families.
To begin a COBRA plan, the employer who provided the work health insurance shall give enrollment information within 45 days of losing those benefits.
Low-Income Health Insurance In Illinois
Medicaid in Idaho provides individuals with healthcare coverage that meets a wide range of health requirements, including coverage for low-income adults, children, pregnant women, the elderly, and persons with disabilities. Idaho Medicaid provides free or low-cost healthcare coverage to adults with a wide range of health needs. To apply, go to:
Reporting Health Insurance Fraud In Illinois
Medicaid is a health care program for low-income people of all ages in Illinois. Medicaid assists those in need with medical expenses. Medicaid is an option in Illinois for those who:
- Low-income adults ages 19 to 64 years,
- Over 65 years,
- Blind, and
Check out medicaidplanningassistance.org/find-a-medicaid-planner to know if you are eligible.
One Stop Shop For Health & Wellness Benefits
Health Insurance, Short-Term, Accident, Vision, Dental, Life, ID Theft Protection
Who We Are
Over four million people have obtained health insurance through our enrollment portals. With variety of products for customers to build an insurance plan specific to their needs, makes our offerings “smart” to have.