Find Affordable Health Insurance In Hawaii
Where you can find health insurance coverage in Hawaii.
Health Plans By Type In Hawaii
Health Insurance Costs In Hawaii
- ACA Health Insurance - Compare hundreds of Individual & Family plans
- Short Term Health - As low as $85/month with $10k deductible
- Accident Only Coverage - As low as at $45/month
- Dental Plans - Starting at $21/month
- Vision Insurance - Starting at $5/month
- Telehealth - Only $19.95/month, saving you hundreds in the long run
Major Medical Plans Available In Hawaii
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), generally known as Obamacare, provides medical coverage that goes beyond simple doctor visits and surgical procedures. The majority of plans pay in full or in part for your prescribed drugs as well as other healthcare-related services including mental health treatment, rehabilitation, physical therapy, and nursing home care.
When Is Federal Open Enrollment?
During the Federal Open Enrollment period, you are eligible to enroll in an ACA health plan. This typically takes place every year from November 1 till January 15.
When Is Georgia Open Enrollment Period?
Hawaii follows the yearly federal open enrollment period which runs from November 1 through January 15.
Special Enrollment Periods
You may sign up for an ACA health plan outside of the federal Open Enrollment within 60 days after a qualifying life event.
Types Of Qualifying Life Events:
- Loss of health coverage. Losing existing health coverage, including job-based, individual, and student plans.
- Changes in marital status (getting married/divorced)
- Having a baby or adopting
- Changes in residence. Moving to a different ZIP code or county
Temporary Medical Insurance In Hawaii
During a gap in insurance coverage, a short-term health insurance plan can provide you with basic medical coverage.
Who Needs Temporary Health Insurance?
- Individuals who missed the deadlines for the ACA exchanges and need to wait until the next enrollment period
- Individuals who have a waiting period before enrollment in another program
- People who are temporarily in between jobs or have been laid off
- Self-employed individuals
- People looking for a plan less expensive COBRA health insurance
- Those needing temporary coverage:
- College students or recent graduates
- Young adults coming off their parent’s health benefit plan
- Retirees waiting for Medicare eligibility
- Coverage for dependents not covered under an employer plan
What Is COBRA Insurance?
The Federal COBRA Act gives workers and their eligible dependents the option to continue their group health insurance coverage if it would otherwise expire as a result of a qualifying event.
Employees may use COBRA for up to 18 months, and families may use it for up to 36 months.
Within 45 days of losing those benefits, the employer who provided the work health insurance will submit enrollment information for a COBRA plan.
Low-Income Health Insurance In Hawaii
Med-QUEST is a low-income health insurance program in Hawaii.
QUEST Integration covers the following groups:
- Former Foster Care Children
- Parent and Other Caretaker Relatives
- Pregnant Women
- Transitional Medical Assistance
- Aged, Blind, and Disabled
To apply visit medquest.hawaii.gov/en/
Reporting Health Insurance Fraud In Hawaii
Medicaid fraud, waste, or abuse squanders vital public resources intended to pay for healthcare and other services for Hawaii’s low-income and vulnerable residents. Anyone who notices instances of possible Medicaid fraud, waste, or abuse is urged by MedQUEST to report them to the Department of Human Services via medquest.hawaii.gov/en/members-applicants/fraud-prevention.
One Stop Shop For Health & Wellness Benefits
Health Insurance, Short-Term, Accident, Vision, Dental, Life, ID Theft Protection
Who We Are
Over four million people have obtained health insurance through our enrollment portals. With variety of products for customers to build an insurance plan specific to their needs, makes our offerings “smart” to have.