Find Affordable Health Insurance In Georgia
Where you can find health insurance coverage in Georgia.
Health Plans By Type In Georgia
Health Insurance Costs In Georgia
- ACA Health Insurance - Compare hundreds of Individual & Family plans
- Short Term Health - As low as $85/month with $10k deductible
- Accident Only Coverage - As low as at $45/month
- Dental Plans - Starting at $21/month
- Vision Insurance - Starting at $5/month
- Telehealth - Only $19.95/month, saving you hundreds in the long run
Major Medical Plans Available In Georgia
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), sometimes known as Obamacare, provides medical coverage that goes beyond simple doctor visits and surgical procedures. The majority of plans pay in full or in part for your prescribed drugs as well as other healthcare-related services including rehabilitation, physical therapy, mental health treatment, and nursing home care.
When Is Federal Open Enrollment?
During the Federal Open Enrollment period, you are eligible to enroll in an ACA health plan. This typically takes place every year from November 1 till January 15.
When Is Georgia Open Enrollment Period?
Georgia follows the yearly federal open enrollment period which runs from November 1 through January 15.
Special Enrollment Periods
You may sign up for an ACA health plan outside of the federal Open Enrollment within 60 days after a qualifying life event.
Types Of Qualifying Life Events:
- Loss of health coverage. Losing existing health coverage, including job-based, individual, and student plans.
- Changes in marital status (getting married/divorced)
- Having a baby or adopting
- Changes in residence. Moving to a different ZIP code or county
Temporary Medical Insurance In Georgia
During a gap in insurance coverage, a short-term health insurance plan can provide you with basic medical coverage.
Who Needs Temporary Health Insurance?
- Individuals who missed the deadlines for the ACA exchanges and need to wait until the next enrollment period
- Individuals who have a waiting period before enrollment in another program
- People who are temporarily in between jobs or have been laid off
- Self-employed individuals
- People looking for a plan less expensive COBRA health insurance
- Those needing temporary coverage:
- College students or recent graduates
- Young adults coming off their parent’s health benefit plan
- Retirees waiting for Medicare eligibility
- Coverage for dependents not covered under an employer plan
What Is COBRA Insurance?
The Federal COBRA Act provides workers and their eligible dependents with the opportunity to extend the coverage of their workplace health insurance if that policy would otherwise stop due to a qualifying event.
COBRA is provided for up to 18 months for employees and 36 months for families.
To start a COBRA plan, the employer who offered the work health insurance will provide enrollment information within 45 days of losing those benefits.
Low-Income Health Insurance In Georgia
By giving our people access to high-quality, low-cost healthcare, the Medical Assistance Plans Division of the Georgia Department of Community Health promotes their health, well-being, and independence.
If your income is low and you fit one of the following categories, you may be eligible for Medicaid:
- You think you are pregnant.
- You are a child or teenager.
- You are age 65 or older.
- You are legally blind.
- You have a disability.
- You need nursing home care.
Visit the Georgia Gateway member services website to submit an application, create an account, or log in.
Reporting Health Insurance Fraud In Florida
If you believe you are being hurt or taken advantage of by someone please report it.
All information will be kept confidential. Stopping fraud and abuse will assist to keep you safe. It helps to free up more time and money for your medical needs.
To report Medicaid fraud please visit law.georgia.gov/resources/medicaid-fraud-division
One Stop Shop For Health & Wellness Benefits
Health Insurance, Short-Term, Accident, Vision, Dental, Life, ID Theft Protection
Who We Are
Over four million people have obtained health insurance through our enrollment portals. With variety of products for customers to build an insurance plan specific to their needs, makes our offerings “smart” to have.