Find Affordable Health Insurance In Florida
Where you can find health insurance coverage in Florida.
- ACA Health Insurance - Compare hundreds of Individual & Family plans
- Short Term Health - As low as $85/month with $10k deductible
- Accident Only Coverage - As low as at $45/month
- Dental Plans - Starting at $21/month
- Vision Insurance - Starting at $5/month
- Telehealth - Only $19.95/month, saving you hundreds in the long run
Major Medical Plans Available In Florida
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) health insurance popularly known as Obamacare, offers medical coverage beyond doctor visits and surgical procedures. The majority of plans cover all or part of the cost of your prescribed drugs as well as other healthcare-related services including rehab, physical therapy, mental health care, and nursing home care.
When Is Federal Open Enrollment?
During the Federal Open Enrollment period, you are eligible to enroll in an ACA health plan. This typically takes place every year from November 1 till January 15.
When Is Florida Open Enrollment Period?
Florida follows the yearly federal open enrollment period which runs from November 1 through January 15.
Special Enrollment Periods
You may sign up for an ACA health plan outside of the federal Open Enrollment within 60 days after a qualifying life event.
Types Of Qualifying Life Events:
- Loss of health coverage. Losing existing health coverage, including job-based, individual, and student plans.
- Changes in marital status (getting married/divorced)
- Having a baby or adopting
- Changes in residence. Moving to a different ZIP code or county
Temporary Medical Insurance In Florida
During a gap in insurance coverage, a short-term health insurance plan can provide you with basic medical coverage.
Who Needs Temporary Health Insurance?
- Individuals who missed the deadlines for the ACA exchanges and need to wait until the next enrollment period
- Individuals who have a waiting period before enrollment in another program
- People who are temporarily in between jobs or have been laid off
- Self-employed individuals
- People looking for a plan less expensive COBRA health insurance
- Those needing temporary coverage:
- College students or recent graduates
- Young adults coming off their parent’s health benefit plan
- Retirees waiting for Medicare eligibility
- Coverage for dependents not covered under an employer plan
What Is COBRA Insurance?
The Federal COBRA Act provides workers and their eligible dependents with the opportunity to extend the coverage of their workplace health insurance if that policy would otherwise stop due to a qualifying event.
COBRA is provided for up to 18 months for employees and 36 months for families.
To start a COBRA plan, the employer who offered the work health insurance will provide enrollment information within 45 days of losing those benefits.
Low-Income Health Insurance In Florida
A Medicaid beneficiary or a healthcare provider who intentionally lies or makes a false statement with the knowledge that the false statement might lead to an illegal benefit for the recipient or another person is considered to be committing Medicaid fraud. It encompasses any behavior that violates Medicaid fraud laws at the federal or state level.
Visit ahca.myflorida.com/Executive/Inspector_General/ to report any Medicaid fraud case.
Reporting Health Insurance Fraud In Florida
Unfortunately, there may be cases of fraud or misuse involving Medicaid benefits.
Examples of provider fraud and abuse:
- Billing or charging you for services that AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware covers.
- Offering you gifts or money to get treatment or services you do not need.
- Offering you free services, equipment, or supplies in exchange for using your AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware member number.
- Giving you treatment or services you do not need.
- Physical, mental, or sexual abuse by medical staff.
To report any fraud or misuse of Medicaid benefits please go to amerihealthcaritasde.com.
Who We Are
Over four million people have obtained health insurance through our enrollment portals. With variety of products for customers to build an insurance plan specific to their needs, makes our offerings “smart” to have.