Find Affordable Health Insurance In Delaware
Where you can find health insurance coverage in Delaware.
Health Plans By Type In Delaware
Health Insurance Costs In Delaware
- ACA Health Insurance - Compare hundreds of Individual & Family plans
- Short Term Health - As low as $85/month with $10k deductible
- Accident Only Coverage - As low as at $45/month
- Dental Plans - Starting at $21/month
- Vision Insurance - Starting at $5/month
- Telehealth - Only $19.95/month, saving you hundreds in the long run
Major Medical Plans Available In Delaware
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) health insurance often refers to as Obamacare, goes beyond doctor visits and surgical procedures. The majority of plans cover all or a part of the cost of your prescription drugs, as well as other healthcare-related services such as rehabilitation, physical therapy, mental health care, and nursing home care.
When Is Federal Open Enrollment?
You can enroll in an ACA health plan during the Federal Open Enrollment period. Every year, from November 1 to January 15, this takes place.
When Is Delaware Open Enrollment Period?
Delaware observes the annual federal open enrollment period, which lasts from November 1 to January 15.
Special Enrollment Periods
You may sign up for an ACA health plan outside of the federal Open Enrollment within 60 days after a qualifying life event.
Types Of Qualifying Life Events:
- Loss of health coverage. Losing existing health coverage, including job-based, individual, and student plans.
- Changes in marital status (getting married/divorced)
- Having a baby or adopting
- Changes in residence. Moving to a different ZIP code or county
Temporary Medical Insurance In Delaware
A short-term health insurance plan can offer you basic medical coverage during a gap in insurance coverage.
Who Needs Temporary Health Insurance?
- Individuals who missed the deadlines for the ACA exchanges and need to wait until the next enrollment period
- Individuals who have a waiting period before enrollment in another program
- People who are temporarily in between jobs or have been laid off
- Self-employed individuals
- People looking for a plan less expensive COBRA health insurance
- Those needing temporary coverage:
- College students or recent graduates
- Young adults coming off their parent’s health benefit plan
- Retirees waiting for Medicare eligibility
- Coverage for dependents not covered under an employer plan
What Is COBRA Insurance?
The Federal COBRA Act allows employees and their qualified dependents to extend the coverage of their workplace health insurance if the policy would otherwise terminate due to a qualifying event.
COBRA coverage is available for up to 18 months for employees and 36 months for families.
To begin a COBRA plan, the employer who provided the work health insurance will give enrollment information within 45 days of losing those benefits.
Low-Income Health Insurance In Delaware
ASSIST is a low-income health insurance program in Delaware. ASSIST also offers screening, which utilizes basic information to establish your eligibility for a service.
It provides medical aid to eligible low-income families whose income is inadequate to cover the cost of required medical care likewise qualified aged, blind, and/or handicapped. Medicaid covers doctor visits, hospital treatment, lab tests, prescription drugs, transportation, routine vaccinations for children, and mental health and substance abuse services.
Visit assist.dhss.delaware.gov/ to check if you are eligible
Reporting Health Insurance Fraud In Delaware
Unfortunately, there may be cases of fraud or misuse involving Medicaid benefits.
Examples of provider fraud and abuse:
- Billing or charging you for services that AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware covers.
- Offering you gifts or money to get treatment or services you do not need.
- Offering you free services, equipment, or supplies in exchange for using your AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware member number.
- Giving you treatment or services you do not need.
- Physical, mental, or sexual abuse by medical staff.
To report any fraud or misuse of Medicaid benefits please go to amerihealthcaritasde.com.
One Stop Shop For Health & Wellness Benefits
Health Insurance, Short-Term, Accident, Vision, Dental, Life, ID Theft Protection
Who We Are
Over four million people have obtained health insurance through our enrollment portals. With variety of products for customers to build an insurance plan specific to their needs, makes our offerings “smart” to have.