Find Affordable Health Insurance In Connecticut
Where you can find health insurance coverage in Connecticut.
- ACA Health Insurance - Compare hundreds of Individual & Family plans
- Short Term Health - As low as $85/month with $10k deductible
- Accident Only Coverage - As low as at $45/month
- Dental Plans - Starting at $21/month
- Vision Insurance - Starting at $5/month
- Telehealth - Only $19.95/month, saving you hundreds in the long run
Connecticut Major Medical Plans
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), popularly known as Obamacare, provides medical coverage that goes beyond simple doctor visits and surgical procedures. The majority of plans pay in full or in part for your prescribed drugs as well as other healthcare-related services including rehabilitation, physical therapy, mental health care, and nursing home care.
When Is Federal Open Enrollment?
You have the option to enroll in an ACA health plan during the Federal Open Enrollment period. Every year, this typically occurs between November 1 and January 15.
When Is Connecticut Open Enrollment Period?
Connecticut follows the federal open enrollment period, which takes place every year from November 1 through January 15.
Special Enrollment Periods
You may sign up for an ACA health plan outside of the federal Open Enrollment within 60 days after a qualifying life event.
Types Of Qualifying Life Events:
- Loss of health coverage. Losing existing health coverage, including job-based, individual, and student plans.
- Changes in marital status (getting married/divorced)
- Having a baby or adopting
- Changes in residence. Moving to a different ZIP code or county
Temporary Medical Insurance In Connecticut
A short-term health insurance plan can give you the fundamental medical protection you need during a gap in insurance coverage.
Who Needs Temporary Health Insurance?
- Individuals who missed the deadlines for the ACA exchanges and need to wait until the next enrollment period
- Individuals who have a waiting period before enrollment in another program
- People who are temporarily in between jobs or have been laid off
- Self-employed individuals
- People looking for a plan less expensive COBRA health insurance
- Those needing temporary coverage:
- College students or recent graduates
- Young adults coming off their parent’s health benefit plan
- Retirees waiting for Medicare eligibility
- Coverage for dependents not covered under an employer plan
What Is COBRA Insurance?
The Federal COBRA Act gives employees and their eligible dependents the option to continue their workplace health insurance coverage if it would otherwise end as a result of an eligible event.
Employees may use COBRA for up to 18 months, and families may use it for up to 36 months.
Within 45 days of losing those benefits, the employer who provided the work health insurance shall submit enrollment information for a COBRA plan.
Low-Income Health Insurance In Connecticut
HUSKY is a low-income health insurance program in Connecticut. Access Health CT is the official health insurance marketplace for the state of Connecticut, where you can search, compare, and enroll in high-quality health and dental coverage. You can enroll in free or low-cost coverage through HUSKY health programs, it is the only location where you may apply for financial aid to help you save money.
Visit accesshealthct.com/ to see if you qualify.
Reporting Health Insurance Fraud In Connecticut
Health care fraud is the deliberate sending of false or misleading information to the HUSKY Health Program by an individual or by another party to get monetary profit or health benefits. This is a horrible crime. Please go to: huskyhealthct.org/members/fraud to report medical fraud.
Who We Are
Over four million people have obtained health insurance through our enrollment portals. With variety of products for customers to build an insurance plan specific to their needs, makes our offerings “smart” to have.