Find Affordable Health Insurance In Colorado
Where you can find health insurance coverage in Colorado.
Health Plans By Type In Colorado
Health Insurance Costs In Colorado
- ACA Health Insurance - Compare hundreds of Individual & Family plans
- Short Term Health - As low as $85/month with $10k deductible
- Accident Only Coverage - As low as at $45/month
- Dental Plans - Starting at $21/month
- Vision Insurance - Starting at $5/month
- Telehealth - Only $19.95/month, saving you hundreds in the long run
Colorado Major Medical Plans
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), sometimes referred to as Obamacare, provides extensive medical insurance that goes beyond basic doctor visits and surgical procedures. The majority of insurance policies cover your prescription drugs in full or in part, as well as other healthcare-related services including physical therapy, mental health care, nursing home care, and rehabilitation.
When Is Federal Open Enrollment?
You have the option to enroll in an ACA health plan during the Federal Open Enrollment period. this typically occurs every year, between November 1 and January 15.
When Is Colorado Open Enrollment Period?
Colorado follows the federal open enrollment period, which takes place every year from November 1 through January 15.
Special Enrollment Periods
You may sign up for an ACA health plan outside of the federal Open Enrollment within 60 days after a qualifying life event.
Types Of Qualifying Life Events:
- Loss of health coverage. Losing existing health coverage, including job-based, individual, and student plans.
- Changes in marital status (getting married/divorced)
- Having a baby or adopting
- Changes in residence. Moving to a different ZIP code or county
Temporary Medical Insurance In Colorado
A short-term health insurance plan can give you the fundamental medical protection you need during gap coverage.
Who Needs Temporary Health Insurance?
- Individuals who missed the deadlines for the ACA exchanges and need to wait until the next enrollment period
- Individuals who have a waiting period before enrollment in another program
- People who are temporarily in between jobs or have been laid off
- Self-employed individuals
- People looking for a plan less expensive COBRA health insurance
- Those needing temporary coverage:
- College students or recent graduates
- Young adults coming off their parent’s health benefit plan
- Retirees waiting for Medicare eligibility
- Coverage for dependents not covered under an employer plan
What Is COBRA Insurance?
The Federal COBRA Act gives employees and their eligible dependents the option to continue their workplace health insurance coverage if it would otherwise expire as a result of an eligible event.
Employees may use COBRA for up to 18 months, and families may use it for up to 36 months.
Within 45 days of losing those benefits, the employer who provided the work health insurance will submit enrollment information for a COBRA plan.
Low-Income Health Insurance In Colorado
Health First Colorado is a low-income health insurance program in Colorado. For eligible low-income Coloradans, Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid program) provides public health insurance. Take charge of your coverage by using the Health First Colorado mobile app! The free Health First Colorado app may be downloaded after creating an account at Co.gov/PEAK.
Reporting Health Insurance Fraud In Colorado
Medicaid fraud is an attempt to receive more benefits or payments than you are legally entitled to, either through a fraudulent plan, a willful false declaration, or an intentional misrepresentation. If you get an EOB from Medicaid, make sure you read it thoroughly. Visit the Medicaid office via stopfraudcolorado.gov/what-medicaid-fraud. to file a complaint if the information is inaccurate or differs from the services you got.
One Stop Shop For Health & Wellness Benefits
Health Insurance, Short-Term, Accident, Vision, Dental, Life, ID Theft Protection
Who We Are
Over four million people have obtained health insurance through our enrollment portals. With variety of products for customers to build an insurance plan specific to their needs, makes our offerings “smart” to have.