Find Affordable Health Insurance In Alaska
Learn about health insurance coverage options in Alaska and where to find them.
Health Plans By Type In Alaska
Health Insurance Costs In Alaska
- ACA Health Insurance - Compare hundreds of Individual & Family plans
- Short Term Health - As low as $85/month with $10k deductible
- Accident Only Coverage - As low as at $45/month
- Dental Plans - Starting at $21/month
- Vision Insurance - Starting at $5/month
- Telehealth - Only $19.95/month, saving you hundreds in the long run
Alaska Major Medical Plans
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), sometimes known as Obamacare, provides medical coverage that goes beyond simple doctor visits and surgical procedures. The majority of plans cover in full or in part your prescribed drugs as well as other healthcare-related services including rehabilitation, nursing home care, physical therapy and mental health care.
When Is Federal Open Enrollment?
You have the option to enroll in an ACA health plan during the Federal Open Enrollment period. Every year, this typically occurs between November 1 and January 15.
When Is Alaska Open Enrollment Period?
The annual federal open enrollment period, which runs from November 1 through January 15, is observed in Alaska.
Special Enrollment Periods
You may sign up for an ACA health plan outside of the federal Open Enrollment within 60 days after a qualifying life event.
Types Of Qualifying Life Events:
- Loss of health coverage. Losing existing health coverage, including job-based, individual, and student plans.
- Changes in marital status (getting married/divorced)
- Having a baby or adopting
- Changes in residence. Moving to a different ZIP code or county
Top 10 Alabama Cities By Population
Huntsville – 216,963
Montgomery – 198,665
Birmingham – 197,575
Mobile – 184,952
Tuscaloosa – 100,618
Hoover – 92,589
Auburn – 78,564
Dothan – 71,175
Madison – 58,357
Decatur – 57,804
Temporary Medical Insurance In Alaska
A short-term health insurance plan can plan can give you the fundamental medical protection you need during a gap in insurance coverage.
Who Needs Temporary Health Insurance?
- Individuals who missed the deadlines for the ACA exchanges and need to wait until the next enrollment period
- Individuals who have a waiting period before enrollment in another program
- People who are temporarily in between jobs or have been laid off
- Self-employed individuals
- People looking for a plan less expensive COBRA health insurance
- Those needing temporary coverage:
- College students or recent graduates
- Young adults coming off their parent’s health benefit plan
- Retirees waiting for Medicare eligibility
- Coverage for dependents not covered under an employer plan
What Is COBRA Insurance?
The Federal COBRA Act gives employees and their eligible dependents the option to continue their workplace health insurance coverage if it would otherwise expire as a result of a qualifying event.
Employees may use COBRA for up to 18 months, and families may use it for up to 36 months.
Within 45 days of losing such benefits, the employer who provided the work health insurance will provide enrollment information for a COBRA plan.
Low-Income Health Insurance In Alaska
Medicaid is a health insurance program for specified low-income target groups in Alaska.
Visit nevadahealthlink.com/sep/ to create an account.
Potential recipients include:
- Pregnant, or
- Be responsible for a child 18 years of age or younger, or
- Blind, or
- Have a disability or a family member in your household with a disability.
- Be 65 years of age or older.
To find out if you are eligible, visit www.healthcare.gov
Reporting Health Insurance Fraud In Alaska
Generally speaking, fraud happens when a provider makes a Medicaid payment claim when the provider knows—or should know—that they are not eligible for the payment. Although there are many different types of healthcare fraud, billing for services that have not been rendered or for more expensive treatments than have been supplied are the most common. Please visit law.alaska.gov/department/criminal to file a Medicaid Fraud Report.
One Stop Shop For Health & Wellness Benefits
Health Insurance, Short-Term, Accident, Vision, Dental, Life, ID Theft Protection
Who We Are
Over four million people have obtained health insurance through our enrollment portals. With variety of products for customers to build an insurance plan specific to their needs, makes our offerings “smart” to have.