Find Affordable Health Insurance In Alabama
Learn about medical health insurance coverage options in Alabama and where to find them.
- ACA Health Insurance - Compare hundreds of Individual & Family plans
- Short Term Health - As low as $85/month with $10k deductible
- Accident Only Coverage - As low as at $45/month
- Dental Plans - Starting at $21/month
- Vision Insurance - Starting at $5/month
- Telehealth - Only $19.95/month, saving you hundreds in the long run
Alabama Major Medical Plans
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) health insurance, sometimes known as Obamacare, extends outside doctor visits and surgical procedures. The majority of plans cover all or some portion of the cost of your prescription drugs, as well as other healthcare-related services such as rehabilitation, physical therapy, nursing home care, and mental health care.
When Is Federal Open Enrollment?
You can enroll in an ACA health plan during the Federal Open Enrollment period. Every year, from November 1 to January 15, this takes place.
When Is Alabama’s Open Enrollment Period?
Alabama observes the annual federal open enrollment period, which lasts from November 1 to January 15.
Special Enrollment Periods
You may sign up for an ACA health plan outside of the federal Open Enrollment within 60 days after a qualifying life event.
Types Of Qualifying Life Events:
- Loss of health coverage. Losing existing health coverage, including job-based, individual, and student plans.
- Changes in marital status (getting married/divorced)
- Having a baby or adopting
- Changes in residence. Moving to a different ZIP code or county
Top 10 Alabama Cities By Population
Huntsville – 216,963
Montgomery – 198,665
Birmingham – 197,575
Mobile – 184,952
Tuscaloosa – 100,618
Hoover – 92,589
Auburn – 78,564
Dothan – 71,175
Madison – 58,357
Decatur – 57,804
Temporary Medical Insurance In Alabama
A short-term health insurance plan can offer you basic medical care during a gap in insurance coverage.
Who Needs Temporary Health Insurance?
- Individuals who missed the deadlines for the ACA exchanges and need to wait until the next enrollment period
- Individuals who have a waiting period before enrollment in another program
- People who are temporarily in between jobs or have been laid off
- Self-employed individuals
- People looking for a plan less expensive COBRA health insurance
- Those needing temporary coverage:
- College students or recent graduates
- Young adults coming off their parent’s health benefit plan
- Retirees waiting for Medicare eligibility
- Coverage for dependents not covered under an employer plan
What Is COBRA Insurance?
The Federal COBRA Act allows employees and their qualifying dependents to extend the coverage of their workplace health insurance if the policy would expire due to a qualifying event.
COBRA coverage is available for up to 18 months for workers and 36 months for families.
To begin a COBRA plan, the employer who provided the work health insurance will give enrollment information within 45 days of losing the benefits.
Low-Income Health Insurance In Alabama
Insure Alabama is a low-income health insurance program in Wisconsin.
Visit nevadahealthlink.com/sep/ to create an account.
Who is eligible to enroll?
- Parents and Other Caretaker Relatives
- Pregnant Women
- Medicaid Plan First (Family Planning Only)
- Nursing Home
- Elderly and Disabled
To find out if you are eligible, visit insurealabama.adph.state.al.us/
Reporting Health Insurance Fraud In Alabama
Fraud is described as deliberate deceit or intentional misrepresentation committed by a person with knowledge that the deception may result in an unlawful personal benefit or an unauthorized benefit to another person. Fraud needs evidence to establish misrepresentation to illegally obtain services, cash, or other advantages.
Visit medicaid.alabama.gov to report suspected fraud in the Alabama Medicaid program. It is not necessary for the individual reporting fraud or abuse to reveal their identity.
Who We Are
Over four million people have obtained health insurance through our enrollment portals. With variety of products for customers to build an insurance plan specific to their needs, makes our offerings “smart” to have.