Medical Coverage That Fits Your Needs!
An budget mindful way to help protect your family from today’s high costs of an accident.
What Is Supplemental Accident Insurance?
Accident Only Insurance pays specific amounts to help cover out-of-pocket expenses you may incur from healthcare providers, hospitals and ambulances for services resulting in injuries from accidents.
It is sold separately from major medical plans and often used to supplement those policies.
Those in good health will often use supplemental insurance as their individual healthcare plan in case of accident.
The CAM Plan Does Cover Virtual Doctor Visits For Free!
A benefit that you won’t find with other accident plans is that Comprehensive Accident Medical or CAM also covers virtual visits via TeleMedicine using MDLive. Members may schedule webchat, video or phone chats to discuss common issues with prescribing doctors with no copays.
Temporary Short-Term Use
Primarliy, many people will use Supplemental Accident insurance as an affordable alternative health insurance to cover injuries while they wait for their next major medical plan to kick in. Great for those in need of a form of “Gap Insurance”.
Types Of People Who Use Accident Only Insurance For Temporary Purposes
- Missed Open Enrollment – Individuals who missed the federal annual open enrollment for ACA compliant health insurance
- Waiting For Work Insurance To Start – Individuals who are in waiting period before enrollment in an employer’s group-health plan.
- COBRA Alternative – A typical COBRA plan is $400 – 700/month per individual. This becomes a cost-effective option for those in work transition from either quitting their job or getting let go.
- Loss Of Dependent Status – Adult children who are aged 26 are most often dropped from their parents major medical plan.
- College Students – Many college students will use Accident protection as a cheap way to stay covered in the event of serious accidents.
- Retirees – Seniors who’ve left their jobs and are waiting Medicare eligibility.
- Other Dependents – Use for dependents that may not be covered by an employer health plan.
Those looking for extra insurance coverage to help pay their major medical coinsurance for accidents.
It’s extra cushion for parents involved with kids sports (check state availability) or anyone living a high adventure lifestyle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does CAM provide benefits towards intercollegiate sports?
This is generally excluded but State specific. TX does not allow, CA does allow.
Is there a benefit for an ambulance?
If the accident is eligible, benefits can be paid for an ambulance only from the place the injury occurred to the hospital, subject to the policy maximum.
Are auto or motorcycle accidents excluded?
2 or 3 wheel motor vehicles are excluded. Motor vehicles with 4 wheels can be included if the insured has a valid driver license and was not under the influence.
Available in: AL, AR, AZ*, CA, DC*, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL*, IN, IA, KY, LA, MI, MS, ND, NE, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV, WI, WY
If you live in a different state, please call (855) 836-0030.
This is a brief description of coverage provided under Group Accident, Form GAC-30000, and subject to the terms, conditions , limitations, and exclusion of the Policy. Please see the Policy and Certificate for complete details. Coverage may vary or may not be available in all states. Plans are underwritten by the United States Fire Insurance Company , Eatontown, NJ. Plans are underwritten by the United Fire Insurance Company, C&F and Crum & Forster are registered trademarks of United States Fire Insurance. The Crum & Forster group of companies is rated A (Excellent) by AM Best Company 2015.